How to use Canvas
Canvas is a modern educational platform that supports a deep focus on teaching and learning. The robust features of Canvas help to enhance teaching and learning beyond the physical classroom.
Canvas Live Support
Students and Faculty members can live chat with Canvas directly.
Zoom Video Conferencing
Students and Instructors have your virtual classroom through Zoom.
- Click the Help button inside Canvas to open a support request, start a live chat, or find the toll-free number whenever you need help.
- Email the MSCT Distance Learning Department to set up a consultation or to ask MSCT questions about your course at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canvas Support Hotline: (855) 205 - 1056
- Canvas login instructions
- For MSCT e-mail login issues contact us at ITDept@manhattanschool.edu, or contact our email provider at 1-888-793-7657 (toll free)
Accessing your MSCT email
You can access your school's email address at mail.manhattanschool.edu and entering your User ID and Password.
Your Mailbox is yourUser ID. Your User ID consists: First letter of your First name and Full last name. For example John Smith has user ID: jsmith). All letters should be lower case.
Your password consists: the word Password. First Letter is Upper Case; all other letters are lower case and then a symbol @ followed by the last four digits of your social security (example: Password@XXXX). XXXX – is your four digits of your social security.
Set up your Canvas password
STEP 2: CHECK YOUR EMAIL
- You will receive an email with Subject titled: Forgot Password: Canvas
- The sender is Instructure Canvas at email@example.com.
- Click on the link inside the email to set up your new password.
STEP 3: SET NEW PASSWORD
- Create a new password for Canvas login
Schedule a Technology Workshop
Still having trouble with your email and Canvas? Join us in one of our Wednesday or Friday technology workshops:
1. Logging into and manage your Manhattan School email address.
2. Logging into and using Canvas for your online courses.
3. How to be more successful at taking classes online.