How to use Canvas
Canvas is a modern educational platform that supports a deep focus on teaching and learning. The robust features of Canvas help to enhance teaching and learning beyond the physical classroom.
Canvas Live Support
Students and Faculty members can live chat with Canvas directly.
Zoom Video Conferencing
Students and Instructors have your virtual classroom through Zoom.
- MSCT Helpline: call (718)427-2115 for help with or information about Canvas, e-mail, laptops, student services, financial aid, student records, etc.
- Click the Help button inside Canvas to open a support request, start a live chat, or find the toll-free number whenever you need help.
- Email the MSCT Distance Learning Department to set up a consultation or to ask MSCT questions about your course at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canvas login instructions
- For MSCT e-mail login issues contact us at ITDept@manhattanschool.edu, or contact our e-mail provider at 1-888-793-7657 (toll free)
Accessing your MSCT email
You can access your school's email address at mail.manhattanschool.edu and entering your User ID and Password.
Your Mailbox is yourUser ID. Your User ID consists: First letter of your First name and Full last name. For example John Smith has user ID: jsmith). All letters should be lower case.
Your password consists: the word Password. First Letter is Upper Case; all other letters are lower case and then a symbol @ followed by the last four digits of your social security (example: Password@XXXX). XXXX – is your four digits of your social security.
Set up your Canvas password
STEP 2: CHECK YOUR EMAIL
- You will receive an email with Subject titled: Forgot Password: Canvas
- The sender is Instructure Canvas at email@example.com.
- Click on the link inside the email to set up your new password.
STEP 3: SET NEW PASSWORD
- Create a new password for Canvas login
Schedule Office Hours
Still having trouble with your course, email, or Canvas? Join us in one of our workshops or office hours:
1. Get help during Office Hours with medical and business courses
2. Log into and manage your Manhattan School email address.
3. Log into and using Canvas for your online courses.
4. Learn how to be more successful at taking classes online.
Office Hours Schedule:
Instructor Zena Ahmed:
Bioethics, Medical Transcription, General Business Business
Tuesdays and Mondays from 2pm - 4pm
Instructor Randolf St. Ledger:
Accounting, Math, Microsoft Word, General Business Course.
Wed, 12pm - 2pm
Thurs, 12pm - 2:30pm
All Medical Courses
Including Anatomy, EKG, Medical Clinical, and Medical Transcription
Wednesday and Thursday from 2pm - 4:30pm